Sunday, December 2, 2012

Reindeer Tag


This tag is full of different techniques.

Dylusions sprays created the background of red, green and a hint of yellow.
The Tim Holtz reindeer and the 25 masked before spraying. Then the deer was negitively masked - I die cut the image from acetate, removed the deer and used the surrounding acetate to apply embossing ink to the deer image. I had totally forgotten that I could have just die cut some fun foam and stamped the deer image with embossing ink instead. ;) Live and Learn. But before I remembered that, I used my versamark pen to ink up the 25 with embossing ink also. All were heat embossed with white or red or green. Even the nose was heat embossed using my versa pen. Liquid pearls for his eye.
The falling snow stamped and heat embossed with white. The trees where stamped gold, but it wasn't dark enough for me, so I added some gold perfect pearls while it was still wet.
A Martha Stewart punch made the snowflakes, and Martha Stewart Crystals made them sparkle.
An old earing was dismanteled and used as a charm. It looked like a Christmas tree to me.




Another mistake I made here was spraying the back after the rest of the tag was complete. It bled into my snowflake crystals on the front side too. If I wanted I could probably cut away alot of the colored crystals, but for now it remains as is.

Challenge: Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

No comments:

Post a Comment